Delivers the foundational and practical knowledge required for pharmacists to become an integral part of the veterinary health care team, improving therapeutic outcome while preventing serious adverse drug reactions in veterinary patients
Pharmacotherapeutics for Veterinary Dispensing enables pharmacists and pharmacy students to expand the breadth of their pharmacological knowledge to include common veterinary species. The book offers a practical yet complete resource for dispensing drugs for canine and feline patients, with additional chapters on horses, birds, reptiles, small mammals, and food animals. Edited by a globally recognized expert in veterinary pharmacology, and including chapters written by veterinarians with expertise in pharmacotherapy and pharmacists with expertise in veterinary medicine, this book is designed to help pharmacists enhance the quality of veterinary patient care.
This book is the first to combine the expertise of both veterinarians and pharmacists to enable pharmacists to apply their knowledge and skills to assure optimal therapeutic outcomes for patients of all species. Pharmacotherapeutics for Veterinary Dispensing:
- Puts the information needed to safely dispense prescription and OTC drugs for veterinary patients at the pharmacists’ fingertips
- Focuses on crucial details of canine and feline pharmacotherapeutics
- Helps pharmacists avoid adverse drug reactions including pharmacogenomic and breed-related drug sensitivities
- Offers an authoritative resource written by leading veterinary pharmacy experts designed to integrate pharmacists into the veterinary healthcare team
- Includes crucial regulatory information unique to veterinary drug dispensing and compounding
Pharmacotherapeutics for Veterinary Dispensing is an essential reference for all pharmacists and pharmacy students that might find themselves dispensing drugs to veterinary patients, as well as for veterinarians and others involved with dispensing veterinary drugs.
“Pharmacotherapeutics for Veterinary Dispensing is a book long overdue for the pharmacy profession….Whether you have practiced veterinary pharmacy your whole career or have never practiced veterinary pharmacy, this book has much to offer. Veterinarians are encouraged to suggest this book to pharmacists with whom they work and interact.” – JAVMA Vol 255 No. 6